Sets out design theory for concrete elements and structures, and illustrates practical applications of the theory. Students on civil engineering degree courses will find this book useful as it explains the principles of element design and the procedures for the design of concrete buildings
The aim of this book is to set out design theory and illustrate the practical applications by the inclusion of many examples. The book is written primarily for students on Civil Engineering degree courses to assist them in understanding the principles of element design and the procedures for the design of concrete buildings. Analysis and design of very tall buildings has been included in order to give students an appreciation of the way in which these buildings are modelled for computer analyses and the design problems involved. The importance of computers in structural design is recognised and computer programs for design of concrete elements are included
Table of Contents
1. Introduction —
2. Materials, structural failures and durability —
3. Limit state design and structural analysis —
4. Section design for moment —
5. Shear, bond and torsion —
6. Serviceability limit state checks —
7. Simply supported beams —
8. Reinforced concrete slabs —
9. Columns —
10. Walls in buildings —
11. Foundations —
12. Retaining walls —
13. Design of statically indeterminate structures —
14. Reinforced concrete framed buildings —
15. Tall buildings —
16. Prestressed concrete —
17. Design of structures retaining aqueous liquids —
18. Eurocode 2 —
19. Deflection and cracking.
Detailed Table of Contents
- Part 1: Introduction: reinforced concrete structures; structural elements and frames; structural design; design standards; calculations, design aids and computing; detailing.
- Part 2: Materials, structural failures and durability: reinforced concrete structures; concrete materials; concrete properties; tests on wet concrete; tests on hardened concrete; reinforcement; failures in concrete structures; durability of concrete structures concrete cover.
- Part 3: Limit state design and structural analysis: structural design and limit states; characteristic and design loads; materials –
- Part 4: properties and design strengths; structural analysis; elastic theory.
- Part 5: Shear, bond and torsion: shear; bond, laps and bearing stresses in bends; torsion.
- Part 6: Deflection and cracking: deflection; cracking.
- Part 7: Simply supported and continuous beams.
- Part 8: Slabs: types of slab and design methods; one-way spanning solid slabs; one-way spanning ribbed slabs;two-way spanning solid slabs;restained solid slabs;waffle slabs;flat slabs;yield line method;stair slabs.
- Part 9: Columns; types, loads, classification and design considerations; short braced axially loaded columns; short columns subjected to axial load and bending about one axis – symmetrical reinforcement; short columns subjected to axial load and bending about one axis – unsymmetrical reinforcement; column sections subjected to axial load and biaxial bending; effective heights of columns; design of slender columns.
- Part 10: Walls in buildings: functions, types and loads on walls; types of wall and definitions; design of reinforced concrete walls; design of plain concrete walls.
- Part 11: Foundations: general considerations; isolated pad bases; eccentrically loaded pad bases; wall, strip and combined foundations; pile foundations.
- Part 12: Retaining walls: types and earth pressure; design of cantilever walls; counterfort retaining walls.
- Part 13: Reinforced concrete framed buildings: types and structural action; building loads; robustness and design of ties; frame analysis; building design example.
- Part 14: Tall buildings: introduction; design and analysis considerations; planar lateral-load-resisting elements; interaction between bents; three-dimensional structures.
- Part 15: Programs for reinforced concrete design: introduction; program section-design; program RC-beam; program beam deflection.
This new edition of a highly practical text gives a detailed presentation of the design of common reinforced concrete structures to limit state theory in accordance with BS 8110.
SmartPLS 4 Processional | Lifetime activation$110.00
EndNote Lifetime for Windows /Mac Software Full Version$8.00 – $10.00
IBM SPSS Statistics [Lifetime]$10.00 – $25.00
LinkedIn ALL COURSES LIFETIME Warranty$40.00
Product on saleREF-N-WRITE | Premium Account Lifetime
QuillBot’s paraphrasing tool | Premium Account 6 month | + WARRANTY$12.00
Plagiarism Checker – 6 Month | 1 Year | 2 Years | 3 Years | 4 Years | LifeTime$6.00 – $55.00