Comprehensive Coverage for the SE Structural Engineering Exam
The SE Structural Engineering Reference Manual prepares you for the NCEES SE structural engineering exam. It provides a comprehensive review of structural analysis and design methods related to vertical and lateral forces. All exam topics are covered, and exam-adopted codes and standards are frequently referenced. You will learn how to apply concepts by reviewing the 270 example problems, and you will strengthen your problem-solving skills by working the 50 end-of-chapter practice problems. Each problem’s complete solution lets you check your own solving approach.
Access to supportive information is just as important as knowledge and problem-solving efficiency. The SE Structural Engineering Reference Manual’s thorough index easily directs you to the codes and concepts you will need during the exam. Cross references to more than 700 equations, 60 tables, 250 figures, 8 appendices, and relevant codes will point you to additional support material when you need it.
- Foundations and Retaining Structures
- Lateral Forces (Wind and Seismic)
- Prestressed Concrete
- Reinforced Concrete
- Reinforced Masonry
- Rock and Soil Mechanics
- Structural Steel
- Vertical Forces
Referenced Codes and Standards
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/602)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE 7)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD and National Design Specification Supplement, Design Values for Wood Construction (NDS)
- North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members (AISI)
- PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
- Seismic Design Manual (AISC 327)
- Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic with Commentary (SDPWS)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC 325)
- A robust index to facilitate quick referencing during the NCEES SE Structural Engineering Exam.
- Cross references more than 700 equations, 60 tables, 250 figures, 8 appendices, and relevant codes.
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PPI, A Kaplan Company