Presents a complete coverage of all aspects of the theory and practice of pavement design including the latest concepts.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
E. J. Yoder is the author of Principles of Pavement Design, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
M. W. Witczak is the author of Principles of Pavement Design, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES.
- Pavement Types, Wheel Loads, and Design Factors.
- Stresses in Flexible Pavements.
- Stresses in Rigid Pavements.
- Vehicle and Traffic Considerations.
- Climate, Environment.
- The Economic Factor, Design Strategies, Systems Analysis.
- PROPERTIES OF PAVEMENT COMPONENTS: MATERIALSCHARACTERIZATION.
- Soil Classification.
- Materials Characterization.
- Soil and Base Stabilization.
- Bases and Subbases.
- Bituminous Surfaces.
- Material Variability.
- DESIGN OF FLEXIBLE PAVEMENTS.
- Design of Flexible Airport Pavements.
- Design of Flexible Highway Pavements.
- DESIGN OF RIGID PAVEMENTS.
- Design of Rigid Airport Pavements.
- Design of Rigid Highway Pavements.
- PAVEMENT EVALUATION AND REHABILITATION.
- Pavement Distress.
- Condition Surveys.
- Strengthening Existing Pavements.
Presents a complete coverage of all aspects of the theory and practice of pavement design including the latest concepts.Content: Chapter 1 Pavement Types, Wheel Loads, and Design Factors (pages 1–23): Chapter 2 Stresses in Flexible Pavements (pages 24–80): Chapter 3 Stresses in Rigid Pavements (pages 81–127): Chapter 4 Vehicle and Traffic Consideration (pages 128–176): Chapter 5 Climate, Environment (pages 177–194): Chapter 6 The Economic Factor, Design Strategies, Systems Analysis (pages 195–220): Chapter 7 Soil Classification (pages 221–242): Chapter 8 Materials Characterization (pages 243–299): Chapter 9 Soil and Base Stabilization (pages 300–324): Chapter 10 Subgrades (pages 325–355): Chapter 11 Bases and Subbases (pages 356–383): Chapter 12 Bituminuous Surfaces (pages 384–404): Chapter 13 Material Variability (pages 405–444): Chapter 14 Design of Flexible Airport Pavements (pages 445–503): Chapter 15 Design of Flexible Highway Pavements (pages 504–555): Chapter 16 Design of Rigid Airport Pavements (pages 557–595): Chapter 17 Design of Rigid Highway Pavements (pages 596–624): Chapter 18 Pavement Distress (pages 625–645): Chapter 19 Condition Surveys (pages 646–664): Chapter 20 Strengthening Existing Pavements (pages 665–697):