CSI XRevit is a link that allows exchange Building Information Modeling (BIM) between Revit Structure 2016 and ETABS 2015 or later, SAP2000 Version 17 or greater, and SAFE 2014 or later. CSI XRevit supports true round-tripping, specifically – four different workflows of data interchange:
- Exporting from Revit Structure to create a new ETABS / SAP2000 model.
- Exporting from Revit Structure to update an existing ETABS model.
- Importing from ETABS /SAP2000 to create a new Revit Structure model.
- Importing from ETABS to update an existing Revit Structure model.
Users have full control over what model data gets transferred and how that data gets mapped to equivalent objects in either software.
CSiXRevitTM requires its own license to run.
Structural modeling can be done in ETABS®, SAP2000® or SAFE® or in Revit® and then later be synched up.
CSiXRevit supports four (4) main workflows of data transfer with Revit:
- Exporting from Revit to create a new CSI Software model
- Exporting from Revit to update an existing CSI Software model
- Importing from CSI Software to create a new Revit Model
- Importing from CSI Software to update an existing Revit Model
The user has full control over what model information will be transferred between CSI Software models and Revit models.
Intermediate Data Exchange
All CSI products use the same intermediate data exchange file (.exr) to control model data exchange.
CSiXRevit will support both direct section mapping of standard steel sections and also parametric sections that have been defined in Revit.