“WEIGHTS” — PIPE AND TANK WEIGHT CALCULATION PROGRAM
“WEIGHTS” is a spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of calculating the weights of pipes and tanks
or vessels. Specifically, the weight of pipes either empty or full of contents, with/without insulation, and with/without ice
buildup is determined. The volume and weight of tanks or vessels of various top/bottom or end configuations is
This program is a workbook consisting of five (5) worksheets, described as follows:
Worksheet Name Description
Doc This documentation sheet
Pipe Weights Calculate weights of standard weight steel pipes
Pipe Rack Weight Calculate weight of rack of standard weight steel pipes
Vert. Tank Volume & Weight Calculate volume and weight of a vertical cylindrical tank
Horiz. Tank Volume & Weight Calculate volume and weight of a horizontal cylindrical tank
Program Assumptions and Limitations:
- Worksheets for Pipe Weights and Pipe Rack Weight assume use of standard weight (STD) steel pipe for
diameters from 1/2″ up through 36″.
- Worksheet for Vert. Tank Volume & Weight assumes vertical cylindrical tank, and permits use of various top and
bottom configuations. Tops may be either flat, spherical, or elliptical. Bottoms may be either flat, elliptical,
spherical, or conical.
- Worksheet for Horiz. Tank Volume & Weight assumes vertical horizontal tank, and permits use of various end
configurations. Left and right ends may be either flat, elliptical, or spherical.
- Worksheet for Vert. Tank Volume & Weight assumes wall thickness of center, cylindrical section is same as for top
and bottom. Where top and/or bottom thickness are not the same as center, cylindrical section, the user may
account for the difference by including an estimated correction weight (+/-) in the Misc. Weight input.
- Worksheet for Horiz. Tank Volume & Weight assumes wall thickness of center, cylindrical section is same as for both
ends. Where end thicknesses are not the same as center, cylindrical section, the user may account for the
difference by including an estimated correction weight (+/-) in the Misc. Weight input.
- This program contains several “comment boxes” which contain a wide variety of information including
explanations of input or output items, equations used, data tables, etc. (Note: presence of a “comment box”
is denoted by a “red triangle” in the upper right-hand corner of a cell. Merely move the mouse pointer to the
desired cell to view the contents of that particular “comment box”.)
SmartPLS 4 Processional | Lifetime activation$110.00
EndNote Lifetime for Windows /Mac Software Full Version$8.00 – $10.00
IBM SPSS Statistics [Lifetime]$10.00 – $25.00
LinkedIn ALL COURSES LIFETIME Warranty$40.00
Product on saleREF-N-WRITE | Premium Account Lifetime
QuillBot’s paraphrasing tool | Premium Account 6 month | + WARRANTY$12.00
Plagiarism Checker – 6 Month | 1 Year | 2 Years | 3 Years | 4 Years | LifeTime$6.00 – $55.00