Now in its Seventh Edition, Fundamentals of Building Construction contains substantial revisions and updates. New illustrations and photographs reflect the latest practices and developments in the industry. Revised chapters address exterior wall systems and high-performance buildings, an updated and comprehensive discussion of building enclosure science, evolving tools for assessing environmental and health impacts of building materials, and more. New and exciting developments in mass timber construction are also included.
This Seventh Edition includes:
- 125 new or updated illustrations and photographs, as well as 40 new photorealistic renderings
- The latest in construction project delivery methods, construction scheduling, and trends in information technology affecting building design and construction
- Updated discussion of the latest LEED and Living Building Challenge sustainability standards along with expanded coverage of new methods for assessing the environmental impacts of materials and buildings
- Expanded coverage of mass timber materials, fire resistance of mass timber, and the design and construction of tall wood buildings
- Revised end-of-chapter sections, including references, websites, key terminology, review questions, and exercises
- Fully-updated collection of best-in-class ancillary materials: PowerPoint lecture slides, Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank, Interactive Exercises, and more
- Companion book, Exercises in Building Construction, available in print and eBook format
For the nuts and bolts on building construction practices and materials, Fundamentals of Building Construction: Materials and Methods, 7th Edition lays the foundation that every architect and construction professional needs to build a successful career.